Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

walking

The other day, after dropping my daughter off at school, I met a friend and went for a walk.  I finally managed to capture the autumn mist rising on the hillsides in this old cemetery.





































I just love the peacefulness of this place with its rolling hills, winding paths, majestic trees and gurgling brook.  And the gentle quality of the sunlight at this time of year just adds to its loveliness.





































There are so many graves, some of them quite old.  There are family plots and lovely statues.  It makes you wonder about their stories.  How did they get along?  Did they have a good life?  Were they happy?  Hmm, a reflective walk.  Thinking about these things while talking to a friend about some challenging family dynamics adds a certain sense of perspective.




































Leaving the cemetery, we walked past this joyous statue.  Can I have one of these on my grave?  I'd love to be able to put a smile on someone's face after I'm gone.....




































It seems to me that in autumn, the light becomes so much more precious, as there is so much less of it.  Light and shadows are crisp and clear, hopeful and tender.  I'm glad for my camera.  It helps me notice the small and important things in life.

Wishing you many light-filled autumn days.

No comments:

Post a Comment